Stigma: More contagious than any biological virus.
If you are a carrier of stigma, there are treatments and cures:
- Attend UN Cares learning events available in your office.
- Visit the UN Cares website to find out more.
- Take home a copy of the UN Cares booklet and share it with your loved ones.
- Get acquainted with the UN Policies regarding HIV in the workplace.
- Support World AIDS Day events.
- Visit the UN Plus website and share it with colleagues and friends.
- Read the 10 key facts about HIV.
NOW take our FREE DOWNLOADS to show everyone you are stigma-free!
You are at risk of catching stigma
unless you know all this.
FACT 1_ ONLY 40% OF PERSONS LIVING WITH HIV WORLDWIDE ARE AWARE OF THEIR STATUS.
FACT 2_ WE CAN PROTECT OURSELVES FROM HIV EASILY.
FACT 3_ STIGMA AND DISCRIMINATION ACTUALLY KILL.
FACT 4_ DAY TO DAY CONTACT WITH HIV POSITIVE INDIVIDUALS CARRIES NO RISK.
FACT 5_ HIV POSITIVE EMPLOYEES IN THE UN HAVE A NETWORK: UN PLUS.
FACT 6_ WITH THERAPY, HIV CAN BE CONTROLLED.
FACT 7_ THOUSANDS OF UN EMPLOYEES ARE HIV POSITIVE.
FACT 8_ THE UN HAS A ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY FOR STIGMA AND DISCRIMINATION.
FACT 9_ BIASES STOP US FROM BEING GOOD UN EMPLOYEES.
FACT 10_ EDUCATING YOUR FAMILY HELPS PROTECT THEM.